Friday, July 29, 2016

Challenges In My Internship

By Paul Dean, Junior, Accounting Major

During the course of my internship, I have faced many good challenges. As I am progressing through my experiences and work projects, I have found that I have been given more responsibility. Every week I have been assigned to do the planning work for a retirement plan audit. I have a certain amount of time that I have to get each plan done by. At the beginning of my internship I had people at CBIZ helping me and teaching me how to do the planning work. At this point in my internship, I have been able to master almost all of the planning by myself.

Each plan comes with its challenges though. Locating where certain documents are has been one of my biggest challenges. However, I like being challenged throughout my internship because of the satisfaction I get from solving problems on my own. When I do reach out for help from my supervisors, I have found it challenging to constantly try and learn new ways of doing the planning. This is necessary though in order to master the planning of the audits.

Another challenge that I have faced is finding time to ask other professionals questions that could be helpful to my career. Learning from other professionals is equally important as doing quality work for the accounting firm. I believe that these challenges that I have been facing will help me down the road in any academic or professional setting.    

No comments:

Post a Comment